How To Build an Impressive Art Portfolio to Find a Tattoo Apprenticeship
If you're searching for an apprenticeship so you can be trained to become a tattoo artist, you'll need to impress your prospective mentor. To do that, you'll need to create an impressive portfolio. This is how.
- Purchase an actual art presentation portfolio, not just a photo album or binder. Get one that is large enough to accommodate your largest drawings and/or paintings. It doesn't have to be an expensive leather-bound portfolio; just get one that adequately organizes your artwork. This shows that you take your art seriously.
- Gather all of your best and favorite pieces of art that you want to display in your portfolio. Choose a variety of pieces that show your range of skills and your ability to work in as many mediums as possible. Make sure you have at least a few pieces that are done in a tattoo style if possible.
- Be sure every piece is signed by you so you can prove that it is all your own unique artwork.
- If you have larger artistic pieces that can't fit into the portfolio (such as paintings on canvas or sculptures) then take photos of them to include in your portfolio. Take clean photos and multiple angles if needed. The larger the photos, the better you'll be able to show your work.
- Begin organizing your portfolio by carefully placing each piece in its prospective sleeve or pocket. Add a photo section if needed.
- Include copies of a photo resume that you can leave behind at the studio after your interview. The resume should highlight any art education, personal experience and your reason for wanting to be a tattoo artist. Behind your resume, include a page of smaller photos of the artwork they would have seen in your portfolio during your interview. This will help refresh their mind as to who you are and your abilities.
- Hobby and craft stores are the best places to find a wide variety of art portfolios in a range of affordable prices.
- DO NOT include any photos of tattoos you may have already done at home. Tattoo artists are usually not impressed with scratcher work and it will only make them feel that they are probably going to have to re-train you to eliminate any bad habits. If you want an apprenticeship, you agree to start from scratch.
Video: 5 Tips to Make Your Portfolio Better
How to Summarize a Journal Article
The big differences between cat people and dog people
How to Introduce Your New Dog to Dogs in the Neighborhood
Links Between HIV and Hepatitis C Infection
This Mom Bought Coffee for the Women Who Body-Shamed Her While in Line for Food
The Nails At Gucci Cruise Are Not For The Faint of Heart
Fashionable DIY Color Blocked Pants
Home Remedies for Wound Scars in Hindi
Netflixs New Crime Show Gets Into the Minds of Serial Killers
Researchers analyze elite athletes gut bacteria to make probiotics
A Better Outlook for Metastatic Breast Cancer
Severe Acne: A Problem With Mysterious Causes
Healthy Mashed Potatoes Wrapped in Spinach
10 Amazing Facts About Your Blood Vessels
How to Prevent Someone with a Cognitive Disability from Wandering
Date: 06.12.2018, 17:48 / Views: 61245