Turkey Breast with Vegetable Gravy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse turkey with cold running water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Add flour to oven bag; shake to coat inside of bag (this helps prevent bursting during roasting). Place oven bag in 13-inch by 9-inch metal baking pan. Add garlic, celery, onion, and carrot to bag. In cup, combine salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle inside of turkey breast cavity with one-fourth salt mixture. Place 15 sprigs parsley, 15 sprigs thyme, and 3 sprigs rosemary inside cavity. Reserve remaining herbs for garnish. Brush oil all over outside of turkey; rub with remaining salt mixture.
- Place turkey, skin side up, on top of vegetables in bag. Close bag with tie. Cut six 1/2-inch slits in top of bag. Insert meat thermometer, through slit in bag, into center of turkey breast, being careful that pointed end of thermometer does not touch bone.
- Roast turkey 45 minutes. Reset oven control to 350 degrees F. Roast turkey 50 to 60 minutes longer or until temperature on meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees F. Internal temperature of meat will rise to 170 degrees F upon standing.
- Carefully, without discarding solids or drippings in bag, remove turkey and transfer to platter. Remove and discard parsley, thyme, and rosemary from cavity. Cover turkey and let stand 15 minutes to set juices for easier slicing.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy: Pour solids and drippings from bag into sieve set over 4-cup liquid measuring cup. Let stand until fat separates from drippings. Skim and discard fat.
- Transfer vegetables in sieve to blender; add drippings. Cover, with center part of cover removed to allow steam to escape, and blend at high speed until mixture is pureed and smooth. Transfer mixture to 2-quart saucepan. Add broth; heat to boiling over high heat. Makes about 3 1/4 cups.
- To serve, garnish platter with remaining herbs. Pass gravy to spoon over turkey.
Nutritional InformationEach serving turkey without skin or gravy: About 265 calories, 59 g protein, 0 g carbohydrate, 2 g total fat (1 g saturated), 0 g fiber, 162 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium.
Nurtitional InformationEach 1/4 cup gravy: About 15 calories, 1 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g total fat (0 g saturated), 1 g fiber, 1 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium.
Video: Hidden secret to MOIST TURKEY BREAST ROAST RECIPE with gravy, dry brine super moist!
Everything You Need to Know About Breast Cancer
Fear of Dying During Heart Attack May Make Matters Worse
Miu Mius New York Store Opening
10 Tips For The Perfect Outdoor Wedding: An Infographic
Multivitamins: Should You Take One
Erin Fetherston Gets Juicy With Party Pieces For JuicyCouture
TV BAFTAs 2019: Best style moments
If the Cushion Fits
How to Crack Your Neck
Kate Upton and Kellan Lutz in Abbot Main Fall 2012 Campaign
6 Smart Ways to Pay Down Debt Fast
Red Bell Pepper Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits